INFORMATION ON COVID-19
The Management and Staff at Malama Beach Holiday Village have the health and safety of our guests and team members as our highest priority.
Our goal is to continue to offer high-quality services while at the same time safeguard the health of our guests and team members in all areas of operations by diligently implementing government Covid-19 health protocols. All employees have received training on Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
The unique design and layout of our holiday village, in small blocks of spacious suites and rooms (no lifts or need to go through common areas), together with our wide range of summer outdoor facilities (the use of indoor ones will be restricted), greatly facilitate social distancing and offer added protection.
You can find further information below. Information is updated as health protocols are amended in response to the evolving epidemiological conditions. For any queries find our contact details here.
As from 1 April 2021, travellers from 56 countries (including EU member states, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Lebanon) will be able to visit Cyprus irrespective of their epidemiological situation.
Travellers over the age of 12 from these countries will be classified based on ECDC (European Centre for Disease Control) guidelines under 3 categories:
– Green: no PCR test required
– Orange: PCR test required not earlier than 72 hours before arrival
– Red: PCR test required both 72 hours before arrival and upon arrival
Vaccination is not a prerequisite for travel, however, and for people travelling from any of the above-mentioned categories, vaccination certificates are accepted as an additional facilitator. Cyprus considers as authorised for travel, the vaccines Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, Vaxzervia (AstraZeneca), Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sputnik (Gam-COVID-Vac) and Sinopharm (BBIBP COVID-19). Travelers who can prove they have received all necessary doses of an authorised vaccine will not be required to undergo any tests to visit Cyprus, irrespective of their departure country’s colour categorisation. Moreover, they will not be placed in quarantine, even if they were found to be close contacts of a positive COVID-19 case.
As from August 13, 2021 travellers with certificates of COVID vaccination or recovery issued by EU member states plus Norway and Switzerland must present them in EUDCC-EU digital format.
All travellers to Cyprus require a CYPRUS FLIGHT PASS which can be obtained electronically from the website www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy. The site also contains up to date information on country classification.
To enjoy certain indoor services, where a large number of people normally congregate (for example restaurants, churches, conference venues, wedding venues, events venues, theatres, cinemas, shopping malls, museums, casinos, etc.) a copy of the Cyprus Flight Pass or Safe Pass (digital or physical), must be carried by travellers at all times.
Places where the Cyprus Flight Pass or Safe Pass does not need to be presented include spacious outdoor areas like parks, picnic sites, beaches, marinas, promenades, archaeological sites, zoos, theme parks, children play areas and other outdoor areas.
Note that for those over the age of 12 who are not vaccinated or do not have a COVID recovery certificate, the Cyprus Flight Pass is only valid for one week. After that a Safe Pass is required which can be obtained through a PCR or a rapid test and is valid for 72 hours.
- At the reception desk, please ensure that 2 metres social distancing is kept.
- Temperature checks can be requested on arrival.
- A protective glass screen is in place at the reception desk.
- Face masks will be worn by members of the reception staff, including porters, who come into contact with guests.
- The use of gloves and masks by guests is optional and will be available at the Reception for those guests who may wish to use them.
- Hand disinfectants will be available at the reception, restaurant and other common areas.
- Guests will be asked upon arrival to indicate if they have any special preferences with regard to the frequency of room cleaning.
- Lobby area and other common areas, including common lavatories, will be frequently disinfected.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands well with soap frequently or use antiseptic available in the common areas.
- All non-essential items such as magazines, stationery, tea and coffee facilities and decorative pillows and covers have been removed from all rooms.
- Room cleaning will take place only when guests are not in the room and by using recommended disinfectants.
- Personal protective equipment will be worn by every member of the cleaning team.
- All hard surfaces and frequently used items such as switches, door handles and remote controls will be disinfected.
- Use antiseptic to disinfect your hands when entering and leaving restaurants and bars. Ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Set time dining will be implemented in all restaurants.
- All restaurants and bars will be re-arranged to allow at least 2 metre distancing between tables.
- Single use table mats and napkins will be used in all restaurants.
- Bars will offer only a sitting down service.
- Staff members will wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- Le Repos Lounge and Mondo café will not be operational until further notice.
- Distance between pool umbrellas will be at least 4 metres. Sunbeds will be arranged with at least a 2 metre distance between sunbeds under different umbrellas.
- Guests should observe social distancing measures when using the hotel pools. Always take a shower before entering the pool. Only outdoor showers will be available.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are allocated and retained by guests throughout their stay. Sunbeds will be disinfected every morning.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the pool areas.
- Pool water will be treated with appropriate disinfection products and tested regularly in line with health protocols.
- Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna & steam bath will not be available for use.
- Our Gym and Spa Centre are located in the basement of the main building and because of strict ventilation requirements under the current health protocols will not be operational. A temporary Gym will operate on the first floor of the main building. Spa treatments can be arranged by appointment off the hotel premises with an outside provider.
- A limited number of persons can make use of Gym at any time. Guests are required to disinfect their hands upon entering the Gym and to spray gym equipment with disinfectant before use.
- Animation activities will be limited to ones that meet social distancing rules.
- Malamino Kids Club will not be operational until further notice.
- Each member of the maintenance team will wear personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Any maintenance required in guest rooms will be done by appointment and only when the guests are not present in the room.
- The hotel’s action plan includes procedures in the event of a suspected/confirmed case, in line with recommendations, policies, and procedures set by Cyprus Ministry of Health.
- The person (guest or staff member) displaying symptoms (fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulty) is isolated from other guests and staff at the hotel.
- The affected room in a case involving a guest is removed from service and quarantined. The guest is provided with a face mask and disposable tissues.
- The room will not be returned to service until an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process has been completed, using certified products, approved for the use against the virus.
- When attending an infected person or entering an affected area where a person is displaying symptoms, additional protective equipment must be worn.
- Travellers who test positive during their stay, as well as their families, will be transferred to dedicated quarantine-hotels and the Cyprus government has undertaken to cover all the cost of lodging, food and drinks, medication, and, if required, hospitalisation at a dedicated hospital.