INFORMATION ON COVID-19
The Management and Staff at Malama Beach Holiday Village have the health and safety of our guests and team members as our highest priority.
Our goal is to continue to offer high-quality services while at the same time safeguard the health of our guests and team members in all areas of operations by diligently implementing government Covid-19 health protocols. All employees have received training on Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
The unique design and layout of our holiday village, in small blocks of spacious suites and rooms (no lifts or need to go through common areas), together with our wide range of summer outdoor facilities (the use of indoor ones will be restricted), greatly facilitate social distancing and offer added protection.
You can find further information below. Information is updated as health protocols are amended in response to the evolving epidemiological conditions. For any queries find our contact details here.
As from 1 April 2021, travellers from 56 countries (including EU member states, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Lebanon) will be able to visit Cyprus irrespective of their epidemiological situation.
Travellers from these countries will be classified based on ECDC (European Centre for Disease Control) guidelines under 3 categories:
– Green: no PCR test required
– Orange: PCR test required not earlier than 72 hours before arrival
– Red: PCR test required both 72 hours before arrival and upon arrival
All travellers to Cyprus require a CYPRUS FLIGHT PASS which can be obtained electronically from the website www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy. The site also contains up to date information on country classification.
- At the reception desk, please ensure that 2 metres distance is kept
- Temperature checks will apply on arrival if requested
- A protective screen is in place at the reception desk
- Face masks will be worn by members of the reception staff, including porters, who come into contact with guests.
- The use of gloves and masks by guests is optional and will be available at the Reception for those guests who may wish to use them.
- Hand disinfectants will be available at the reception, restaurant and other common areas.
- Guests will be asked upon arrival to indicate if they have any special preferences with regard to the frequency of room cleaning.
- Lobby area and other common areas, including common lavatories, will be frequently disinfected.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands well with soap frequently or use antiseptic available in the common areas.
- All non-essential items such as magazines, stationery, tea and coffee facilities and decorative pillows and covers will be removed from all rooms.
- Room cleaning will take place only when guests are not in the room and by using recommended disinfectants.
- Personal protective equipment will be worn by every member of the cleaning team.
- All hard surfaces and frequently used items such as switches, door handles and remote controls will be disinfected.
- A deep clean disinfection will take place before check-in.
- Use antiseptic to disinfect your hands when entering and leaving restaurants and bars. Ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Set time dining will be implemented in all restaurants
- All restaurants and bars will be re-arranged to allow at least 2 metre distancing between tables
- Single use table mats and napkins will be used in all restaurants. Tables will be set after the sitting of guests.
- Bars will offer only a sitting down service.
- Staff members will wear personal protective equipment at all times
- Le Repos Lounge and Mondo café will not be operational until further notice.
- Distance between pool umbrellas will be at least 4 metres. Sunbeds will be arranged with at least a 2 metre distance between sunbeds under different umbrellas.
- Guests should observe social distancing measures when using the hotel pools. Always take a shower before entering the pool. Only outdoor showers will be available.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are allocated and retained by guests throughout their stay. Sunbeds will be disinfected every morning.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the pool areas.
- Pool water will be treated with appropriate disinfection products and tested regularly in line with health protocols.
- Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna & steam bath will not be available for use.
- Our Gym and Spa Centre are located in the basement of the main building and because of ventilation requirements under the current health protocols will not be operational. A temporary Gym will operate on the first floor of the main building. Spa treatments will be offered only by appointment.
- A limited number of persons can make use of Gym at any time. Guests are required to disinfect their hands upon entering the Gym and to spray gym equipment with disinfectant before use.
- Animation activities will be limited to ones that meet social distancing rules.
- Malamino Kids Club will not be operational until further notice.
- Each member of the maintenance team will wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- Any maintenance required in guest rooms will be done by appointment and only when the guests are not present in the room.
- The hotel’s action plan includes procedures in the event of a suspected/confirmed case, in line with recommendations, policies, and procedures set by Cyprus Ministry of Health.
- The person (guest or staff member) displaying symptoms (fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulty) is isolated from other guests and staff at the hotel.
- The affected room in a case involving a guest is removed from service and quarantined. The guest is provided with a face mask and disposable tissues.
- The room will not be returned to service until an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process has been completed, using certified products, approved for the use against the virus.
- When attending an infected person or entering an affected area where a person is displaying symptoms, additional protective equipment must be worn.
- Travellers who test positive during their stay, as well as their families, will be transferred to dedicated quarantine-hotels and the Cyprus government has undertaken to cover all the cost of lodging, food and drinks, medication, and, if required, hospitalisation at a dedicated hospital.