INFORMATION ON COVID-19
The Management and Staff at Malama Beach Holiday Village have the health and safety of our guests and team members as our highest priority.
Our goal: to continue to offer high-quality services while at the same time safeguard the health of our guests and team members.
Health Protocols: government Covid-19 health protocols are diligently implemented. All employees have received training on Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
Unique design: the layout of our holiday village, in small blacks of spacious suites and rooms (no lifts or need to go through common areas), together with our wide range of summer outdoor facilities, greatly facilitate social distancing and offer added protection.
Information: you can find additional useful information below. Kindly note that travelling requirements and health protocols are frequently amended. For any queries find our contact details here.
As from 18 April 2022,
*** The Cyprus Flight Pass is abolished as from 18 April 2022. Country categorisation is also abolished from the same date. ***
A full copy of the updated travel protocol can be found in a number of languages (including English, German, French, Dutch, Polish) on the Visit Cyprus website under the following link:
Travellers who are fully vaccinated or had Covid in the last 6 months:
Over 18: Fully vaccinated persons ( those who have received the third booster shot or 2 shots and not more than 9 months have elapsed from the second shot) and those who have recovered from Covid (within the last 180 days before travelling) shall be able to travel to Cyprus without any tests subject to possessing a valid certificate issued by an appropriate authority (from the EU plus Norway and Switzerland an EUDCC certificate in digital format is required).
Under 18: Persons under 18 are considered fully vaccinated if they have received 2 doses (or one for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and no test is required.
Travellers who do NOT have a valid vaccination or Covid recovery certificate:
Over 12: A valid certificate of a PCR test within 72 hours before departure or an antigen rapid test within 24 hours before departure.
Under 12: No test is required.
Cyprus considers as authorised for travel, the vaccines by Janssen/Johnson & Johnson ( in which case full vaccination means 2 doses or one within the last 9 months) , AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna, Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac), Sinopharm (BBIBP COVID-19), Sinovac (Coronavac), Covaxin, Novavax Nuvaxovid, SputniK Light (booster shot only).
- At the reception desk, please ensure that 2 metres social distancing is kept.
- Temperature checks can be requested on arrival.
- A protective glass screen is in place at the reception desk.
- When in direct contact with guests, members of the reception staff, including porters, will wear face masks.
- The use of face masks by guests is optional and will be available at the Reception for those guests who may wish to use them.
- Hand disinfectants will be available at the reception, restaurant and other common areas.
- Lobby area and other common areas, including common lavatories, will be frequently disinfected.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands well with soap frequently or use antiseptic available in the common areas.
- Room cleaning will take place only when guests are not in the room and by using recommended disinfectants.
- All hard surfaces and frequently used items such as switches, door handles and remote controls will be disinfected.
- Use antiseptic to disinfect your hands when entering and leaving restaurants and bars. Ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Guests are expected to wear a mask while serving themselves from the buffet at the La Piazza restaurant. Masks will be available at the entrance.
- All restaurants and bars will be re-arranged to allow at least 2 metre distancing between tables.
- Single use table mats and napkins will be used in all restaurants.
- Staff members will wear face masks where required by health protocols.
- Guests are advised to observe social distancing when using the hotel pools. Always take a shower before entering the pool. Only outdoor showers will be available.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are allocated and retained by guests throughout their stay.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the pool areas.
- Pool water will be treated with appropriate disinfection products and tested regularly in line with health protocols.
- Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna & steam bath will be available for use but subject to applicable social distancing rules.
- Guests are urged to observe social distancing when visiting the Gym and Spa Centre.
- Spa treatments can be arranged by appointment.
- Guests are advised to disinfect their hands upon entering the Gym and to spray gym equipment with disinfectant before use.
- Malamino Kids Club and animation activities will take into consideration social distancing.
- Each member of the maintenance team will wear personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Any maintenance required in guest rooms will be done by appointment and, if possible, when the guests are not present in the room.
- The hotel’s action plan includes procedures in the event of a suspected/confirmed case, in line with recommendations, policies, and procedures set by Cyprus Ministry of Health.
- The person (guest or staff member) displaying symptoms (fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulty) is isolated from other guests and staff.
- The affected room in a case involving a guest is removed from service and quarantined. The guest is provided with a face mask and disposable tissues.
- The room will not be returned to service until an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process has been completed, using certified products, approved for the use against the virus.
- When attending an infected person or entering an affected area where a person is displaying symptoms, additional protective equipment must be worn.
- Travellers who test positive during their stay, as well as their families, will be transferred to dedicated quarantine-hotels and the Cyprus government has undertaken to cover all the cost of lodging, food and drinks, medication, and, if required, hospitalisation at a dedicated hospital.