INFORMATION ON COVID-19
The Management and Staff at Malama Beach Holiday Village have the health and safety of our guests and team members as our highest priority.
Our goal: to continue to offer high-quality services while at the same time safeguard the health of our guests and team members.
Health Protocols: government Covid-19 health protocols are diligently implemented. All employees have received training on Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
Unique design: the layout of our holiday village, in small blacks of spacious suites and rooms (no lifts or need to go through common areas), together with our wide range of summer outdoor facilities, greatly facilitate social distancing and offer added protection.
Information: you can find additional useful information below. Kindly note that travelling requirements and health protocols are frequently amended and you are advised to consult the official government site at www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy prior to travelling. For any queries find our contact details here.
As from 01 March 2022, the following will apply for travelling to Cyprus:
No restrictions or tests for travellers who are fully vaccinated or had Covid in the last 6 months:
Fully vaccinated persons and those who have recovered from Covid shall be able to travel to Cyprus without any restriction or tests subject to possessing a valid certificate issued by an appropriate authority (from the EU plus Norway and Switzerland an EUDCC certificate in digital format).
Cyprus considers as authorised for travel, the vaccines by Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna, Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac), Sinopharm (BBIBP COVID-19), Sinovac (Coronavac), Covaxin, Novavax Nuvaxovid, SputniK Light (booster shot only). For persons who have had Covid, not more than 180 days must have elapsed between the date of the trip and the date when they first tested positive.
Requirements for travellers who are not vaccinated or with expired vaccination/Covid recovery certificates:
– Green category: Travellers from a country classified in the Green category must have upon arrival either a PCR test which is valid for 72 hours or a rapid test valid for 24 hours.
– Red category: Travellers from a country classified in the Red category must have upon arrival a PCR test which is valid for 72 hours or a rapid test valid for 24 hours AND must undergo a PCR upon arrival at the airport at their cost.
– Grey category: Travellers from a country classified in the Grey category must have upon arrival either a PCR test which is valid for 72 hours or a rapid test valid for 24 hours AND must undergo a PCR upon arrival at the airport at their cost AND must stay in self-isolation for 14 days or 7 days provided they undergo a PCR test with a negative result.
All travellers to Cyprus require a CYPRUS FLIGHT PASS which can be obtained electronically from the website www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy within 48 hours before travel. The site also contains up to date full information on health protocols, travelling requirements and country classification.
- At the reception desk, please ensure that 2 metres social distancing is kept.
- Temperature checks can be requested on arrival.
- A protective glass screen is in place at the reception desk.
- Face masks will be worn by members of the reception staff, including porters, who come into contact with guests.
- The use of gloves and masks by guests is optional and will be available at the Reception for those guests who may wish to use them.
- Hand disinfectants will be available at the reception, restaurant and other common areas.
- Guests will be asked upon arrival to indicate if they have any special preferences with regard to the frequency of room cleaning.
- Lobby area and other common areas, including common lavatories, will be frequently disinfected.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands well with soap frequently or use antiseptic available in the common areas.
- Room cleaning will take place only when guests are not in the room and by using recommended disinfectants.
- Personal protective equipment will be worn by every member of the cleaning team.
- All hard surfaces and frequently used items such as switches, door handles and remote controls will be disinfected.
- Use antiseptic to disinfect your hands when entering and leaving restaurants and bars. Ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Guests are expected to wear a mask while serving themselves from the buffet at the La Piazza restaurant. Masks will be available at the entrance.
- All restaurants and bars will be re-arranged to allow at least 2 metre distancing between tables.
- Single use table mats and napkins will be used in all restaurants.
- Bars will offer only a sitting down service.
- Staff members will wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- Distance between pool umbrellas will be at least 4 metres. Sunbeds will be arranged with at least a 2 metre distance between sunbeds under different umbrellas.
- Guests should observe social distancing measures when using the hotel pools. Always take a shower before entering the pool. Only outdoor showers will be available.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are allocated and retained by guests throughout their stay. Sunbeds will be disinfected every morning.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the pool areas.
- Pool water will be treated with appropriate disinfection products and tested regularly in line with health protocols.
- Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna & steam bath will be available for use but subject to applicable social distancing rules.
- Our Gym and Spa Centre will operate subject to applicable social distancing restrictions. Spa treatments can be arranged by appointment.
- Guests are required to disinfect their hands upon entering the Gym and to spray gum equipment with disinfectant before use.
- Animation activities will take into consideration social distancing rules.
- Malamino Kids Club will be operational within applicable social distancing rules.
- Each member of the maintenance team will wear personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Any maintenance required in guest rooms will be done by appointment and, if possible, when the guests are not present in the room.
- The hotel’s action plan includes procedures in the event of a suspected/confirmed case, in line with recommendations, policies, and procedures set by Cyprus Ministry of Health.
- The person (guest or staff member) displaying symptoms (fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulty) is isolated from other guests and staff.
- The affected room in a case involving a guest is removed from service and quarantined. The guest is provided with a face mask and disposable tissues.
- The room will not be returned to service until an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process has been completed, using certified products, approved for the use against the virus.
- When attending an infected person or entering an affected area where a person is displaying symptoms, additional protective equipment must be worn.
- Travellers who test positive during their stay, as well as their families, will be transferred to dedicated quarantine-hotels and the Cyprus government has undertaken to cover all the cost of lodging, food and drinks, medication, and, if required, hospitalisation at a dedicated hospital.