INFORMATION ON COVID-19
The Management and Staff at Malama Beach Holiday Village have the health and safety of our guests and team members as our highest priority.
Our goal: to offer high-quality services while at the same time safeguard the health of our guests and team members.
Health Protocols: all employees have received training on Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
Unique design offers added protection: the layout of our holiday village, in small blacks of spacious suites and rooms (no lifts or need to go through common areas), together with our wide range of summer outdoor facilities, greatly facilitate social distancing.
Latest Information: Restrictions have been lifted in Cyprus with the exception of visits to hospitals and old people homes.
Masks are required on public transport (buses & taxis).
Kindly note that travelling requirements and health protocols are subject to amendment. For any queries find our contact details here.
The Cyprus government undertakes to transfer these persons to designated facilities, covering the cost of lodging, food, drink, and medication; the traveler will only need to bear the cost of their airport transfer and repatriation flight, in collaboration with their agent and/or airline. A COVID-19 hospital with a surplus of available beds and intensive care units equipped with respirators, has been made available exclusively for travellers who test positive for coronavirus.
A person who tests positive for coronavirus, may alternatively choose to self-isolate in a private home / apartment rental, at their own expense, provided that their room is not shared with others and that they do not make use of public facilities.
The duration of isolation for positive cases is 7 days from the date of testing positive and they are then released without the need to test negative. The duration of isolation can be reduced further if a traveller tests negative for coronavirus on the 5th day after testing positive (test should be PCR and the cost borne by the individual).
A close contact is defined as ‘somebody who came into close physical contact with a person who has tested positive for coronavirus’ i.e. at a distance of less than 2m for more than 15 minutes.
It is recommended that close contacts of a person who has tested positive for coronavirus, perform a self-test on days 3 and 5 from the date of contact. For close contacts that are not fully vaccinated nor recently recovered, or a period of 7 months has elapsed from the date of their full vaccination, testing on days 3 and 5 is compulsory.
- At the reception desk, please ensure that 2 metres social distancing is kept.
- Temperature checks can be requested on arrival.
- A protective glass screen is in place at the reception desk.
- The use of face masks by guests is optional and will be available at the Reception for those guests who may wish to use them.
- Hand disinfectants will be available at the reception, restaurant and other common areas.
- Lobby area and other common areas, including common lavatories, will be frequently disinfected.
- Guests are advised to wash their hands well with soap frequently or use antiseptic available in the common areas.
- Room cleaning will take place preferably when guests are not in the room and by using recommended disinfectants.
- Use antiseptic to disinfect your hands when entering and leaving restaurants and bars. Ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Single use table mats and napkins will be used in all restaurants.
- Staff members will wear face masks where required by health protocols.
- Guests are advised to observe social distancing when using the hotel pools. Always take a shower before entering the pool.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are allocated and retained by guests throughout their stay.
- Non-essential items will be removed from the pool areas.
- Pool water will be treated with appropriate disinfection products and tested regularly in line with health protocols.
- Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna & steam bath will be available for use but subject to applicable social distancing rules.
- Guests are urged to observe social distancing when visiting the Gym and Spa Centre.
- Spa treatments can be arranged by appointment.
- Guests are advised to disinfect their hands upon entering the Gym and to spray gym equipment with disinfectant before use.
- Malamino Kids Club and animation activities will take into consideration social distancing.
- Members of the maintenance team will wear personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Any maintenance required in guest rooms will be done by appointment and, if possible, when the guests are not present in the room.
- The hotel’s action plan includes procedures in the event of a suspected/confirmed case, in line with recommendations, policies, and procedures set by Cyprus Ministry of Health.
- The person (guest or staff member) displaying symptoms (fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulty) is isolated from other guests and staff.
- The affected room in a case involving a guest is removed from service and quarantined. The guest is provided with a face mask and disposable tissues.
- The room will not be returned to service until an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process has been completed, using certified products, approved for the use against the virus.
- When attending an infected person or entering an affected area where a person is displaying symptoms, additional protective equipment must be worn.